A. Crop Improvement
- Breeding for early maturity, high yield with resistance against biotic and a biotic
stresses in crops.
- Increasing the sustainability in crop yield through development of improved verities
by efficient utilization of genetic resources.
- Safeguarding the available biodiversity.
- Enhancement in application of biotechnological tools and products.
- Maintenance breeding of seed chain crop varieties and breeder seed production.
- Collection, evaluation, characterization, documentation and conservation of spices
diversity and their utilization for improvement in seed yield.
- Improvement in medicinal and aromatic plants.
- Application of biotechnological tools for genetic enhancement in crops.
B. Crop production
- Strengthening of research on conservation agriculture to protect soil, water and
- Standardization of integrated crop production and protection techniques for changing/emerging
- Standardization and promotion of integrated farming approach for better livelihood
- Technique standardization for mechanization in agriculture.
- Molecular characterization and development of crop specific new strains of Rhizobium
& PSB and promotion of PGPR.
- Soil health management and bio-farming.
- Identification of IPNM, IWM and IPM techniques for spices and vegetables.
- Standardization of production and protection techniques for grape and other dry
- Identification of production techniques for medicinal and aromatic plants.
- Fodder production and conservation techniques.
C. Crop protection
- Development of forecasting modules for incidence of diseases and pests in changing
- Molecular identification of races/ variants of major diseases and pests of crops
and standardization of IPM techniques.
- Host plant resistance- mechanism and sources.
D. Value addition and marketing
- Establishment of production units for bee keeping, vermin compost, bio-fertilizers
and bio-agents with standardization of techniques for maximum production.
- High-tech horticulture.
- Quality seed and seedling production of vegetables and spices.
- Development of pre and post harvest technologies for value addition.
- Standardization and promotion of low cost poultry and animal feed.
- Standardization and promotion of collective marketing and linkage strengthening.
- Export promotion.
E. Seed Production
- Developing / strengthening and implementing diverse model of seed production / distribution
/ quality control systems.
- Enhancing seed production and distribution capabilities.
- Improving SRR by increased distribution and timely availability of quality.
- Augmenting quality seeds availability of improved varieties to farmer.
- Developing mechanism and system for ensuring test stock seed production and supply
of all newly identified / released varieties.
- Improving and sustaining an effective and efficient functioning of seed chain by
strengthening monitoring mechanism and putting on course correction system.